Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. to dusk daily.
Little Cataraqui Creek Outdoor Centre:
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Weekend and holiday schedule varies depending on the season.
and Little Cataraqui Creek
Conservation Areas have a daily entry fee:
Children (12 & under): $3.00
Max. fee per car: $14
Annual pass: $80
During July and August entry fees to Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area are reduced.
(Cash only. Payment by debit card is not available at our gatehouses.)
Donation boxes are located at our other Conservation Areas and at our boat ramps. Your donations help to maintain these facilities, so please make a contribution each time you visit.
Some of the land that we purchase has great potential for outdoor recreation. In many cases, lands which were purchased for water management or environmental protection purposes are now also used for recreation. Conservation lands that have developed facilities such as trails and picnic areas are generally referred to as conservation areas.
Displays of spring wildflowers are one of many attractions at our conservation areas.
The CRCA has six developed conservation areas:
Before conservation areas are developed, the CRCA carries out a resource inventory to determine what special features and sensitive areas are present on the property. Then a master plan is developed.
A new master plan for Mac Johnson Wildlife Area was approved by the CRCA in 2007.
A master plan for Parrott's Bay Conservation Area was approved by the CRCA in 2009.
An updated master plan for Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area was approved by the CRCA in 2012.
Other Conservation Lands
We also have a number of properties which were purchased for forestry, water management or environmental protection purposes:
- Bastard and South Burgess Forest
- Twp. of Rideau Lakes, near Cooligan Creek
- Bayly Conservation Reserve
- City of Kingston on Abbey Dawn Rd.
- Bayview Wetland - Loyalist Twp. on Taylor-Kidd Blvd.
- Eden Grove Forest
- Twp. of Leeds & the Thousand Islands On County Rd. 4
- Larue Mills
- Twp. of Leeds & the Thousand Islands
- Lees Pond
- Twp. of Elizabethtown-Kitley near on Highway 2
- Little Cataraqui Creek Valley Lands
- City of Kingston from King St. to Princess St.
- Marble Rock
- Twp. of Leeds & the Thousand Islands on Gananoque River
- Millhaven Reservoir
- Loyalist Twp., South Frontenac & the City of Kingston on Millhaven Creek
- North Fredericksburgh (Clancy)
- Town of Greater Napanee on Switzerville Rd.
- Owl Woods
- Loyalist Twp. on Amherst Island
- Three Lakes
- Twps. of Front of Yonge and Athens on Graham, Centre & Temperance Lakes
- South Frontenac Twp. on Wilmer Rd.
Tree Planting and Forest Management
The CRCA has also done extensive tree planting and forest management, not only on our forest lands, but also in our conservation areas: